Monday, May 30, 2011

Little N is ready for the summer!



My latest project has been a swim suit cover-up for Little N. It had to twirl and it needed a hood for wet hair. I also thought a pocket would be nice. The cover-up is loosely based off of one I came across on crafterhours blog. I used a sweatshirt to build my pattern and added a big front pocket.

Little N could not have been more thrilled with the outcome. She wants to wear it as a dress.

I started with two towels with complementary colors in them.


I then traced a dress that fit's Little N well and added a very generous seam allowance. My thoughts are that the beach cover-up should be loose and slightly large. I made the dress a little boxier. I also shortened it and planned on a 7-inch ruffle on the bottom of the dress. I used a sweatshirt to figure out how large the hood should be and how to modify the back piece to attach the hood.

I used my overlock machine for all of the seams. I only ended up using the sewing machine to attach the pockets, bias binding and hem the bottom.

I have one happy little girl who is ready to swim!




No comments: