Friday, May 29, 2009

Big N and his telescope

We've had some plumbing issues lately. Really, Pete has had plumbing issues, because I leave the pleasant surprises for him once they go beyond my level of capabilities.

Aren't I a wonderful wife?

More than once, we are surprised by a mass that will not flush. It has been discouraging to try to figure out what is going on. My poor daughter has suffered most of the blame due to the timing of her learning how to use the facilities and the timing of our issues. Little N is counting sheets of TP for each use.

I've started saving for her therapy later it life, really I have. And still, the plumbing issues persist.

Pete had to invest in a heavy duty snake with a very long cable. If you are not aware of what a snake is for, as far as it relates to plumbing, count your blessings.

This evening, Big N walked into the hall with a very concerned expression. In his hand was an empty roll of toilet paper. I helped him find a full roll and then reminded him to be careful with the amount he pulled off the new roll.

"But, Mommy, if I use the entire roll, I get a new telescope."

I sat there in silence for a minute, deciding how to address his telescope and thinking of the reoccurring incidents of major plumbing catastrophes. He proceeded to open the bottom drawer in the bathroom, which held 2 telescopes and showed me that it was empty of fresh rolls.

We worked on how to count sheets. We're working on counting up only as many as he is old.

Hopefully this works, for Pete's sake, but mostly for the sake of my bathroom floor.

No comments: