Monday, August 25, 2008

Sick and a bed hog



Little N has a monster cold. This came on really fast on Saturday, surprising us around 2PM and getting worse. We were on our way to Seattle and I initially thought she was having sinus problems due to the pressure changes as we drove over the pass. She and I both have sinus problems after a drive to or from Seattle. It dawned on me that it might be something else when we arrived at our friend's home and her eyes were red along with the runny nose. Our friends were ok with it, but I still feel guilty bringing a sick child to their home.

Little N is mostly happy, especially during the day, but at night she is not a happy camper. Around midnight or 1 AM she ends up outside our door with her sad, whole body sobs. She will ask for a tissue, or complain about her dreams and dinosaurs being scary. The last time, she walked into our room without either of us noticing the door opening. I woke up lying on my side to see her nose to nose with me. "Mommy, I miss you!" enunciated with a loud sob as she wiped her nose on her sleeve and reached up for a hug. She of course had a high fever and we gave her some acetaminophen, a glass of water and a hug to make her comfortable. She just wants to cuddle in with you, which is normal little N behavior, but we usually can convince her to eventually go back to her bed. While she isn't feeling well, our bed is the only place she wants to be. She tends to get a little too comfortable once she falls asleep, taking over our entire bed.

2 comments:

Eleny said...

Poor baby girl! I hope she feels better fast.

Unknown said...

awe, we all need a little snuggle when we don't feel well.

I hope she is getting better~!