Sunday, February 14, 2010

Little N had snowflakes on Valentine's Day

Just in time for Spring, we have snowflakes! Little N wore this dress to church this morning.



As I mentioned earlier, my New Year's resolution has been to use up what I have, as far as craft projects. I purchased a beautiful blue corduroy fabric with white snowflakes before Big N was born. And, yes, that was 6 years ago. The plan had been to make overalls out of it. After Little N was born, I thought this might make a cute baby dress. That was 4 years ago.

I'm really glad my plans didn't work out! Or perhaps, this is positive reinforcement that procrastination can work for you.

Little N loves her dress. It twirls well when she spins, which is her only requirement.

On the sewing front, I learned how to gather a skirt and sew a button hole. Skirt gathering is a requirement if I want to make anything that twirls for little N.

No comments: