Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mommy...

My son caught me off guard this afternoon. He came upstairs and asked me point blank, "Mommy, do you want another baby?"

I was a little surprised by the question and wondering where this conversation was going. I tried to reassure him by telling him I was very happy with the two babies I have and I gave him a big hug and let him spin in my desk chair. Always a hit.

We've been talking about babies at our house, Baby N is at our house with her mommy and both of Nate's good friends, B and P are big sisters. He's seen and heard a lot about babies recently.

"But, Mommy, if you had another baby, we could baby-sit for you."

You just give me the hard sell, kid. Can I quote you on this when you are old enough to baby sit? At this point, I played a little dirty and suggested that he talk to his daddy about another baby.

Big N ran downstairs and I could hear him reporting the conversation, "Mommy said I should to talk to daddy about another baby."

Sorry, Pete.

No comments: